Our club history
The club was incorporated in 1910 when a few members of the Ponsonby Bowling Club, led by John Court and Allan Coutts, decided to break with Ponsonby and set up their own bowling club just down the road, with its entrance at 10 Curran Street.
|
By the 1917 season, the club extended the clubhouse to a two storied building. This building lasted until the early sixties when it burnt down and was replaced by the current building.
At the same time, the club members raised enough funds to purchase the property at 9 Hamilton Road, which backed onto the Curran Street property, and changed its address to Hamilton Road. In the last 10+ years, the club has moved more towards being a club that plays social rather than competitive bowls. |





